PEG Board Meeting Minutes
Date: July 10, 2013 - Clearlake City HallMembers Present: Vince Metzger, Denise Loustalot, Ed Robey, and Jo Bennett
Call to Order: Meeting called to order by Chair Denise at 6:03 p.m.
Addition to Agenda/ Minutes Approval: Agenda change: "Regular Board Meeting" to 'PEG Board meeting". Jo moved and Vince seconded adoption of agenda. Adopted as amended. Ed moved and Vince seconded the adoption of the June minutes. Vote was unanimous.
Board Member Selection : Martin Sheel of the Lakeport City Council agreed to be the new PEG Board member. Ed moved and Jo seconded that Martin be appointed. Vote was unanimous. Martin joined the Board for the rest of the meeting.
- Consideration of PEG Business Plan: This is the plan Peter presented at the last PEG Board meeting and will be presented to the Board of Supervisors. Ed read the plan and thinks it is a good one, but there are a few changes that need to be made. He thinks the numbers that are estimates need to labeled as such. Biggest problem is no mention of the education component. PEG wants to involve local high schools and colleges in running the station and creating programming. Ed will write a paragraph on this to include in the plan. Peter asked each Board member for a one-paragraph bio to include in the plan also. An ad hoc committee to update the plan will meet at Vince's on Sunday night at 6 p.m. Ed, Vince, Beth, and Peter volunteered for this committee.
- Programmer Job Description Approval: Jo's suggested change is that the programmer be answerable to the Board. Amoryllis had additional concerns and will submit them to Jo. Ed stated that proposed changes must be posted before the meeting so the public has access to them. The consensus was that the changes be posted before the next Board meeting and will be voted on after any citizen input.
- Jim Rickel Complaint: Jim said since Board is going to review complaint procedures tonight, he wishes to have his complaint dealt with after the issues with the procedures are resolved. He asked that the Board notify him when they are ready to hear his complaint.
- Treasurer's Report: Jo stated the June ending balance was $9357.11. However, the July beginning balance was listed as $4941.81. The City of Clearlake has a new finance director who came on board just a few weeks ago. Jo will contact him for an explanation of this discrepancy and report back to the Board.
- Station Editor for Special Events: Beth pulled this request for now.
- Review of Complaint Procedures: Jo read the current complaint procedures to the Board and to the public so that everyone would be aware of them. A form was also presented for written complaints.Committee Reports
- Marketing: Vince handed out a Redbud Parade newspaper insert done by the Lions Club as an example of a non-profit organization's solicitation of ads. He says the Marketing Committee is ready to move on the marketing when the Board gives the go-ahead.
- Programming: Jo said the live feed of Saturday in the Park with Allen Markowski went very well.
- Staff Report: Beth has purchased more PEG Media Programming. Jo will bring a monthly schedule of programs to each Board meeting so members can see what is currently being shown.Adjournment: Meeting was adjourned at 8:27pm
PEG Board Secretary