PEG Board Meeting Minutes
Date: June 12, 2013 - Clearlake City Hall
Members Present: Vince Metzger, Denise Loustalot, Ed Robey, and Jo Bennett
Call to Order: Meeting called to order by Chair Denise at 6:08pm
Addition to Agenda/ Minutes Approval: No additions to the agenda. Jo moved and Ed seconded we adopt the May minutes. Vote was unanimous..
- Discussion of purchase of new video camera: Research done by Beth-Katherine and Jo. Ed moved and Vince seconded the purchase of the Canon Vixia HF G20 camera for up to $1300. The motioned carried unanimously.
- BOS Request:Ed met with Tony Farrington. Pass-through funds can only be spent on equipment. The Board wants to know how the station will get the revenue to support other costs, such as paid staff. PEG will be making a presentation on this subject to the BOS in August. The Board presentation will be reviewed at the next PEG Board meeting.
- Ed and Denise met with the interim Dean of the Clearlake Campus of Yuba College. He is very enthusiastic about our PEG station, having previously been involved with one as a board member. He said there was plenty of room at the college for the station and liked the idea of getting students trained and involved. He volunteered to support PEG at the next BOS meeting when our funding proposals are presented.
- It was a consensus of the Board that the July 6 fireworks will be filmed but not broadcast live. We need to discuss all issues with live broadcasting and it will be on next month's agenda.
- Review of the Business Plan. Peter presented the plan he has worked on. He wanted it to show PEG's capability, knowledge, and experience in creating revenue streams to support the station. He will email this plan to all Board members so they can review it before the next Board meeting. (5 minute break)
- Vince Proposal Review for Enhanced Underwriting. Vince went over the current document and how it compares to those of other PEG stations.
- Review of Complaint Procedures: Will be redone at July Board meeting
- Items 7 and 8 were tabled until next month.
- PEG Media Funds' Requests: Ed moved and Jo seconded giving Beth $40 for downloads.Next Month's Agenda:Ed Robey will speak on the education part of the PEG station. He wants to get local colleges involved in production of programs. New Board officers will also be elected at this meeting.
Adjournment:Meeting was adjourned at 8:43pm
PEG Board Secretary