PEG Board Meeting Minutes
Date: March 13, 2013 - Clearlake City HallMembers Present: Vince Metzger, Denise Loustalot, Ed Robey, and Jo Bennett
Call to Order: Meeting called to order by Vice-Chair Vince at 6:08 p.m.
Addition to Agenda: Add: "Jo will read treasurer's report." Ed moved to approve the agenda as amended. Denise seconded. Vote was unanimous.
Minutes Approval: February's minutes were accepted as written.
Public Comment: Vince suggested that people with lengthy comments write them down and give them to the Board. John Jensen asked that a discussion of televising these Board meetings be put on next month's agenda. Tina Lewis asked that the Board authorize the purchase of a DVD changer rather than continue waiting for repairs on the old one.
- Election of Board Officers:Ed nominated Denise for Chair. Jo seconded. The vote was unanimous. Jo nominated Ed for Vice-Chair. Denise seconded. The vote was unanimous. Regarding the empty Board seat, Jo will contact the Mayor of Lakeport to see if anyone in Lakeport is willing to serve. Jo volunteered to be the Record Keeper. She will keep copies of the agendas, minutes, treasurer's reports and other important papers. Jo will also get the monthly treasurer's report from City Hall. Ed will contact Lakeport City Clerk to get copies of the pass-through agreement and the minutes of the meeting where the agreement was voted in.
- Consideration of Service:The Board had no objections to Joyce Overton joining the Marketing Committee and the office staff.
- Committee Assignments:Vince will continue on the Marketing Committee. Jo will continue on the Programming Committee. Ed will be on the newly-established Government Liaison Committee.
- Members' Manual Additions:Tabled until next month.
- Programmer's Report: Beth stated that Yuba College programming has been down since Monday due to equipment failure. The new equipment will be installed tomorrow. She needs a vacuum cleaner for the office. Vince said he will donate one. The previously approved PEG Media requisition form needs to be signed by Denise. Ed would like a receipt from PEG Media showing what the station has purchased. The Board also asked for a list of the PEG Media programs Beth wishes to download. Beth stated the equipment manuals in the office have disappeared. She asked permission to meet with the Konocti Unified School District Superintendent to re-establish the relationship between KUSD and the station to involve the students in providing programs to LCPTV Channel 8. Ed indicated he would also like to attend this meeting. Beth asked that the next Board agenda include a discussion of allowing station members to have links to their websites on the PEG site. Ed will get a copy of the County policy on this issue and bring it to the next meeting. Beth asked to open a LCPTV You Tube account which would allow You Tube content to be played on our site. The Board agreed to a pilot program of this concept. Beth requested a new DVD changer and will bring 3 bids to the next meeting. She also asked to raise the limit of airing downloaded programs from 4 to 6 times. The Board consensus was to allow her to do this.
- Jim Rickel: Jim Rickel - Jim has started producing his local events show. He is concerned that his show, which takes many hours to produce, may not be consistently televised because station equipment is not in good condition. He said he wants to run his show 4 times a week which is against current rules. The Board consensus was that local programs of one hour or less may be shown up to 4 times a week in regularly assigned time slots. Jim and Beth will try to work out acceptable time slots for his program.
Marketing Committee Report: Vince gave everyone a folder with information he thinks the Board should have: LCPTV Channel 8 flyer, PEG Access to the Airwaves, Prop. 26 Guide, Mission Statement, Enhanced Underwriting, and LCPTV Channel8 Goals for the Future. He encouraged the Board to read this information.
Adjournment:The meeting was adjourned at 9pm
PEG Board Secretary